Product launches and demonstrations require venues that can accommodate your target audience, showcase your product effectively, and provide the necessary amenities and technology for a successful event. Here are some types of venues suitable for product launches in London:
These large, versatile spaces often come equipped with state-of-the-art technology and amenities. They are suitable for launching products to a wide audience.
- QEII – conveniently located in Westminster, room capacities range from 40 – 1300
- ExCel Centre – Located in East London, spaces range from 40-4500, with the event halls holding a massive 68,760
- Business Design Centre – minutes from Kings Cross, capacities range from 100-2000
Many hotels have spacious ballrooms that can be configured to your needs. They provide catering services and AV equipment in-house.
- The Londoner – One of London’s super boutique hotels, capacities range from 15 – 850
- Hilton Park Lane – A well known landmark, spaces range from 8 – 1250
- Park Plaza Westminster Bridge – Overlooking the Thames, capacities here range from 16-1500
These facilities are designed for hosting conferences and events, making them ideal for product launches with multiple sessions or workshops.
- Congress Centre – a purpose built conference centre in London’s west end. Room capacities range from 50-500
- IET Savoy Place – set on The Strand, 18 event spaces offer a capacity from 30-626
- Mary Ward House – a fascinating Arts & Crafts building offers flexible spaces for 16-500
If you’re looking for a more industrial or unique setting, consider renting a warehouse or similar. You’ll have plenty of space for product displays and demonstrations.
- The Beams – located in the Royal Docks in East London, offering versatile events spaces for a wide range of events. 5000 sq m of internal space plus 3500 sq m external space
- Protein Studios – set in Shoreditch, it comprises 5 separate studios for hire separately or as a whole for larger events
- Tobacco Dock – a quayside setting close to Tower Bridge, it can accommodate up to 5000 with parking for 800 cars
Museums and Galleries:
These venues can provide an artistic and sophisticated backdrop for your product launch. Most are also suitable for drinks receptions and corporate entertaining.
- Tate Modern – 16 unique event spaces are available for hire, with capacities ranging from 80-1500
- London Transport Museum – evening hire only other than the Cubic Theatre, but a unique event space nonetheless
- The Postal Museum – close to Farringdon, this historic event space offers a unique setting for product launches and other events
If your product is weather-resistant or can be displayed outdoors, consider parks, gardens, or outdoor event spaces. Tents and marquees can be set up to protect against the elements.
- The HAC Garden – a 6 acre garden in the heart of the city, this unique spot is perfect for any outdoor event or sporting event during the summer months
- Shoreditch Gardens – these gardens are attached to the fascinating Museum of The Home in E2. The Lawns themselves have a capacity of 700
- Inner Temple – this stunning 3 acre garden on the Embankment is only available during the summer months, but offers a unique setting for any event
Restaurants and Rooftop Bars:
For smaller, intimate launches, upscale restaurants or rooftop bars can offer a stylish and elegant atmosphere.
- Aqua Nueva – unrivalled views over the rooftops, combined with delicious food and drinks
- Sabine Rooftop Bar – overlooking St Pauls Cathedral, this rooftop bar offers endless possibilities
- Landing 42 – located at the “Cheesegrater”, it is one of London’s highest dedicated event spaces. Capacity 250-300
Theatres and Auditoriums:
Ideal for product presentations and demonstrations that require a stage and audience seating.
- The Mermaid – set on the riverbank by Blackfriars Bridge, the 600 seat auditorium is ideal for presentations and demonstrations
- Gracepoint – this unique venue has a stunning auditorium with a capacity of 1160. Perfect for product launches, conferences, performances and much more
- Shaw Theatre – a more intimate auditorium with a capacity of 446, ideal for presentations, product launches and performances
Stadiums and Arenas:
These venues are suitable for large-scale product launches, especially if your target audience is massive.
- OVO Arena Wembley – this is the second largest arena in London, with a capacity of 12500 – 14000
- StoneX Stadium – in NW4 surrounded by fields, capacity here ranges from 700-2500
- London Stadium – 20,000 m2 event space, 5500 capacity, ideal for brand activitation, food festivals, music festivals and more
Consider renting or partnering with tech showrooms or innovation centres to showcase your tech-related products.
- Code Node – one of London’s best known tech spaces, capacities from 28-300
- Science Museum – home of science, technology and innovation, spaces available daytime or evening
- Convene, 122 Bishopsgate – one of the new kids on the block, capacities from 25-406
Virtual or Hybrid Venues:
In the age of remote work and online events, virtual venues or hybrid events that combine both physical and virtual elements can be suitable for product launches and demonstrations.
- 30 Euston Square – top quality AV facilities and event spaces ensure that hybrid events run smoothly and seamlessly for both onsite and remote attendees
- One Birdcage Walk – purpose-built tiered seating for up to 210 attendees, and a state-of-the-art screen and lectern layout along with live-streaming
- RSA House – in a centreal London location you will find a range of hybrid event packages designed to combine high-spec A/V with period architecture
If your product launch is consumer-focused, consider hosting it in a temporary pop-up shop.
- Noho Studios – a former umbrella factory close to Oxford Circus, there is a street level shop window with gallery space
- Anomalous Space – a flexible space, perfect for brand activations and pop-ups
- Stokey Popup – this unique venue has an art-gallery vibe along with a sound-proofed basement
When choosing a venue, consider factors such as location, accessibility, capacity, budget, and the specific needs of your product launch. Additionally, ensure the venue can accommodate any technical requirements, such as AV equipment, lighting, and internet connectivity, to effectively showcase your product. Of course there are many more venues for product launches in London, so please contact us if you would like more information.