Choosing York as a destination for meetings can offer a range of benefits that cater to the needs and preferences of different types of event planners.
- York is less than 2 hours by train from London – an opportunity to meet, network, work or relax during the journey
- Perfectly placed between London and Edinburgh
- As well as an onsite cookery school at The Grand York, York has an extensive offering of offsite activities for team building activities such as Axe Throwing, Distillery tours, Star gazing trips, River Cruises and guided city tours.
- Within easy reach of six international airports (direct trains from Manchester Airport and 45 minutes by road from Leeds Bradford Airport).
- 2,000 years of history, York is city surrounded by ancient walls and is steeped in Viking and Roman history.
- With York’s central location, accessibility to the Yorkshire Dales, North Yorkshire Moors and stunning surroundings, York is the perfect destination for incentive events and to bring a team together.
Venues of Character
The city offers a diverse range of meeting venues, including historic buildings, modern conference centres and unique event spaces. Whether you are looking for a traditional setting or a more contemporary environment, York has options for everyone.
The Grand York is a luxury hotel located in the heart of the historic city of York. It is famous for its grand architecture, elegant decor, and exceptional amenities. The hotel also offers conference and meeting facilities that cater to various event needs.
Compact City Centre
The compact layout of York’s city centre makes it easy for attendees to navigate between meeting venues, accommodation, and leisure activities. Everything in York is within walking distance!
York offers a wide range of accommodation options to suit different budgets and preferences. From luxury hotels to cosy guesthouses, attendees can find comfortable places to stay that enhance their overall experience.
Event planners can use the allure of York’s historical and cultural attractions to entice attendees. A meeting in York can be combined with opportunities for leisure travel, encouraging participants to extend their stay and explore the area.
York’s blend of history, accessibility, diverse venues, cultural richness, and team-building opportunities make it an attractive destination for meetings and conferences. It’s unique atmosphere creates a memorable backdrop for corporate events and adds a touch of inspiration to the overall experience.